If you’re tired of the daily life routine that’s not only hectic but also causing harm to your physical and mental health then it’s time for you to think of another way that will allow you to live a life that has minimum stress for the start.
There might be numerous options available such as vacations, taking a break from the job to spend time with family or anything of that sort. All of these things are just meant to give temporary relief from the tensions that you go through on a regular basis.
You need to think of something that is a permanent solution to your problems that will help you in living a peaceful life of your choice while also making a living for it.
Living in a tent permanently is one of the reliable and foolproof ways for attaining a healthy mind and body because of the obvious reasons such as exposure to nature, more physical activity, and most importantly, happy living.
People who choose to live permanently off the grid are more active, mentally and physically, and also remain happier than others. *
👉 If you want a full-time tent living then I recommend this 10 person tent (on Amazon). You want to be as comfortable as you can so this one has a lot of space.
Why Do People Decide To Live In a Tent
People who choose to live in a tent have a lot of things running through their minds which makes them take this step.
The decision of living in an off the grid tent on a permanent basis is not an easy one. It requires guts and willpower to survive without things that you have been dependent on, all your life.
That said, as hard as the decision might seem to be, the actual living is not that difficult in terms of effort-making and spending money. The key purpose of choosing to live in a tent is minimal expenses and less struggle for a better and improved life.
Here are some of the reasons why you should choose long-term tent living:
- Simple Life. You are tired of the hectic schedule that does not allow you to live for yourself.
- Saving Money. You can save some money by living in a tent.
- Connect With Nature. Exploring nature while living in it or surrounded by it is a wonderful experience
- Taking New Challenges. You like to take challenges and try new things.
- Small Footprint. If you care for the planet.
How To Choose the Right Tent For Permanent Living
Here are some of the tips and tricks to choose the right tent for long term living that will guarantee a foolproof and inexpensive living:
- Select a tent made of nylon or canvases as both the materials are waterproof and save you from rain and thunderstorm and are also breathable.
- Prefer a larger tent so that you don’t have to replace it for having guests or any other reason.
- Select a place for camping that is free because you don’t want to pay the rent especially when the purpose is to save money.
- The land where you’re placing your tent should be straight and smooth.
- Keep minimum things inside your camp because of the limited space.
👉 I found this (Amazon Link) to be the best tent for full-time living off-grid. It is perfect for long term camping.
Also, go and check my camping essentials, maybe you miss something from your own gear.
What Are the Benefits of Living in a Tent
Living in a tent definitely, decrease your expenses to at least 30%. Camping does not require extra things for the living that are just a luxury and become a necessity in conventional living style.
Television, AC, home appliances etc. are some of the things that are completely cut-off while living in a tent.
Exposure to nature
The more exposed you get to nature, the healthier your mind will be.
It has been proven by scientific studies that green plants and trees make you happy by relaxing your mind with the help of releasing pleasant brain chemicals.
Smaller footprint does not only benefit you but also the environment because of the decreased amount of carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere due to the use of heavy machinery including car fuel and other factors.
This is why living in a tent is considered to be one of the best ways to have a smaller footprint which is a positive thing if you care about our planet.
One cannot replace the house on a regular basis if found uncomfortable or does not suit your style of living.
Living in a tent makes a way for portable living where you can change places when you are bored. You can pick any place regardless of the rent and other expenses.
Living in a tent means the decreased use of high-end technology products for cooking such as a microwave oven. You can prepare your food in a more healthy way.
This allows your body to function properly and also benefit your mental health.
Living Full or Partial Off-Grid: Which is the Better Option?
These two options depend on various factors which you need to consider before making the final decision for living in a tent on a long-term basis:
- If you are too dependent on certain things such as the internet, proper bathroom, or television, etc. then living completely off-grid is not the better option for you. It would be difficult to live in an isolated environment far from the luxuries that you’re uncomfortable without.
- If you don’t like to live with the luxuries that were once a part of your life then it is okay to try for off-grid tent living. Test yourself for living without the things that you were used to. Challenge yourself.
Living in a tent permanently is not a decision that can be made overnight. It requires loads of research and knowledge. If you are serious about taking this decision it might worth trying. I might try it myself at some point and live in a tent for a year.